Cajun Chicken Linguini



I have brought this pasta dish to my fellowship potluck last Friday. I am happy to receive some compliments. Everyone likes the unique taste of Cajun which brings a little spiciness to the creamy dish. Moreover, I really enjoy the sun dried tomatoes. I have never cooked with sun dried tomatoes before, but it certainly adds some flavor to the dish. I find that I really like to bring pasta to potluck lately. This is too convenient, isn't it? My pasta is not saucy at all as you can see from the picture, since I hate pasta when it's all creamy and greasy. But if you like it with more sauce, you can always control the proportion. 

Recipes (adopted from blogchef)
Yield: 2-3 servings

Ingredients:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into small strips)
4 ounces linguini (cooked al dente)
2-3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons butter
2 green onion, sliced diagonally
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup parmesan cheese (optional)

1) Marinate chicken with Cajun seasoning in a bowl.

2) In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chicken and sauté the chicken for 5 to 7 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.

3) Reduce heat to low. Add green onions, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Cook until heated through. Pour over hot linguini and toss with parmesan cheese.

0 comments:

Post a Comment