Clara's Buttermilk Pancake


Thank you Clara for this amazing recipe! This is by far my favorite pancake recipe. Pancakes have become my new addiction for weekend breakfast. This recipe is originally from the Food Network, by someone called Donna? I have no idea who Donna is, plus the recipe is already removed from the website, so this has now become my friend Clara's recipe! These pancakes bring me a lot of good memories in their Stanley apartment. I cannot believe it's been two years ago...

Just a side note, I miss the milk from Quebec. The milk here in Toronto is way more expensive and doesn't taste as good. They don't sell my favorite Lactantia milk!

Ingredients (4-6 servings)

2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter, plus some for frying
Maple Syrup and your choice of summer berries to serve


Directions
There are some tips in making the pancake, so I have taken some step-by-step pictures. 

1.         In a small bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

2.         In a big bowl, combine the eggs with the buttermilk and melted butter.

3.         Combine the dry into wet ingredients into a lumpy batter. BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVER MIX!
        **This is how the batter should look like, no more mixing at this point. Leave it lumpy as you can see some dry ingredients are not integrated into the mixture, but it is alright**

4.         Heat some butter in a skillet.

5.         Spoon the batter into the skillet. (I sprinkle some chocolate chips on top)

6.         Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side on medium heat. The first batch usually takes longer. 

7.         Serve with strawberries and maple syrup.





1 comments: