Apple and Snow Pear Soup (蘋果雪梨湯)



Thank you Elaine for introducing this soup to me! Nourishing food, especially for people who have a sore throat. Do not skip the white fungus (雪耳), I feel that it is the key ingredient making the soup healthy and comforting. The apple and pear makes the soup sweet, so you do NOT have to add any dried dates (蜜棗).  Last week, I have made the Taiwanese minced pork rice again, and I have revised the recipe to a better version. Woah! Am I finally back to my Chinese cooking routine?! Yahoooo Great to start eating healthy again. I do not remember since when I have started eating cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, bread for every meals...


Ingredients (quantity is estimates, of course the more ingredients you put, the soup will taste better)
-I will weigh all the quantities I use next time and take notes.

Pork Hock (豬展) 650G
Fuji Apple 2
Snow Pear 2
White Fungus 1 big piece
Apricot Kernals (南北杏), a handful (about 1/4 to 1/3 cup)
Dried Fig (無花果) 4 pieces
Carrots 1


Directions

1. Soak the white fungus in water to soften it. Remove the core and cut into slightly smaller pieces.

2. Clean the pork hock, cut away extra fat. Cut into 2-3 large pieces. Place the pork in a pot of boiling water, add a tbsp of salt, and boil for a few minutes until the surface turns color. Drain from water.

3. Boil a large pot of water for the soup. While waiting for water to boil, peel the apple and snow pear and cut into large pieces. Peel the carrot and cut into 1-inch pieces.

4. Add everything into the pot of water, bring to boil and cook on high heat for 15 min, then low heat for 2 hours or more.



0 comments:

Post a Comment