Oatmeal Cookies


Since my “40-day-no-chocolate” lent started (a few days ago), I realize I have to find something sweet to replace chocolate!!! I am aiming for a slightly sweet, healthy and low fat dessert, which is portable to school as well. Then, I think of the oatmeal cookies! I love the buttery and chewy oatmeal cookies. They are addicting and at least they have fibers that you will feel less guilty. Indeed, they put a lot of buttery to make it tasty. I randomly found a recipe online, but it really disappointed me. It’s too sweet and not oat-y enough. The cookie-mix tastes better than this. But, here are my changes to the original recipe, and I believe it will not disappoint you!

Ingredients (Yield: 10 big cookies)

1/2 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 Tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup quick oats
1 cup flour

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 350F. Mix all the dry ingredients, including flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium bowl.

2) Beat the sugars and butter until creamy, then add in egg and beat until combined. Then, beat in the dry mixture gradually.

3) Stir in quick oats at the end. Bake for 16-18 minutes on the parchment paper. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment