Green Tea Cupcakes with Green Tea Cream Cheese Frosting


Recipe modified from Cupcake Bakeshop



I have always wanted to do something with my green tea powder sitting in my kitchen. So.. I made Matcha Almond cookies two weeks ago, it's more like a shortbread kind of cookies though. I am not satisfied enough with the green tea cookies, so I decide to make these amazing cupcakes! I have always followed another green tea cupcake recipes from allrecipes in the past, until I saw this website, it completely inspired me and this is AMAZING!! All of my friends love this and it is claimed to be one of my best recipe. 
My friends' comments:
"O M G! It is so good that I wanna die!!!!!!!"
"It is even better than your banana cake!"
"Can we make more .. like... NOW?"

Green Tea gives a feeling of healthy and refreshing, sweetness with a hint of bitterness. Basically, I love everything with green tea flavor. Since we can now find it everywhere in baked goods or dessert, like chocolate, candy, SWISS ROLLS (this is gonna be my next green tea attempt), cookies, even Tiramisu!! so Haagen dazs also has "green tea and honey", but it is really disappointing!! I guess it is customized for white people :P My favorite Pocky also has green tea flavor, now I am craving for it!

Anyway, from now on, my cupcakes will become my favorite Green Tea Snack


0 comments:

Post a Comment