Banana and Chocolate Chips Muffin

Revised as of Dec 22, 2015

Banana bread is probably the first baked goods I had in my life, my childhood memory. It smells the best whenever it is almost done in the oven. It's like heaven. 

Muffins are so easy to make. It does not take much baking time either. Definitely a good choice whenever you are craving for baked goods but you are running out of time!! :P 

and.... There are too many ripe bananas at home!! Look at these crazy bananas, it turned all black because I put them in the freezer as I had no time to deal with them earlier. But Thank you Valerie, my ex-roommate, who taught me this trick. 


I have always been looking for the BEST banana muffins recipe, I have tried some crumb toppings (made with cinnamon, brown sugar, butter), those are always popular.. But personally prefer no-toppings muffin, simply because I don't like banana muffins with cinnamon flavor, banana is banana. It's perfect. (Don't misunderstand, I love cinnamon indeed) This is the best one I have tried by far, and I slightly modify it as well. 



Here's the recipes:

Ingredients (made 10-12 muffins)

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large bananas, mashed
2 tbsp white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, melted
Semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.

2) Mix together the white sugar, brown sugar and melted butter in a large bowl. Whisk in the egg and mashed banana until combined.

3) Add in flour mixture by 3 parts until just incorporated, do not over-mix.

4) Fold in chocolate chips. Scoop into greased muffin pans.

5) Bake in preheated oven. Bake mini muffins for 10 to 15 minutes, and large muffins for 25 to 30 minutes. (I used 25 minutes and made 12 muffins) 



0 comments:

Post a Comment