Black Sesame Cupcakes with Matcha Frosting (II)


Happy New Year Everyone!! It's 2012!!!! 
Since unfortunately I don't really have a goal for myself, it took me quite a while to think of my new year resolutions. Here I summarize a couple of points, I am trying to be more realistic and hopefully I can accomplish some of them in 2012:
  1. Eat healthily 
  2. Explore healthy and yummy recipes
  3. Keep writing my blog
  4. Improvement in photography (I should!)
  5. Exercise regularly
  6. Be nice to everyone, including people I dislike (I apologize to people I hate in the past, I know I am very mean to those people)
  7. Read more books and news, be intellectual and educated
The picture above is the black sesame cupcakes with matcha frosting which I have posted in the past. This recipe is adapted from 6 Bittersweets. I have made this recipe 3-4 times. The cupcakes turned out differently with different brand of black sesame powder I used. I simply recommend to choose the most expensive brand of black sesame powder so the flavor will be richer and real. Taste the batter and adjust it before putting into the oven :)

Ingredients (12 cupcakes)
For cupcakes:

6 Tbsp (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup black sesame powder
1 large egg, room temperature
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cups (155 g) all purpose flour
1/2 cup + 3 Tbsp milk

For matcha cream cheese frosting:
3/8 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup (+more to taste) powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 pack 8-ounce cream cheese, room temperature
2 tsp matcha powder


Directions:
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a standard muffin pan with 12 baking liners.

2) Sift the dry ingredients into a medium bowl; set aside.



3) Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Gradually beat in dry ingredients and milk alternatively, until smooth.



4) Fill cupcake liners until they are about 2/3 full. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. 



5) Cool completely before frosting as desired. Sprinkle the top of each cupcake with extra sesame seeds to decorate. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment